Saturday, August 1, 2009

can't help falling in love

I love any occasion that gives me the opportunity to bake. I especially love it when there is an engagement involved! On July 24 family and friends of Kristen and Micah headed to Toccoa for a surprise engagement party (graciously organized by Tiff). It was perfect and, although I don't know how, everyone managed to keep it a secret. The happy couple were glowing when they arrived. We had a delicious spread of food including hamburgers-two black bean burgers ;)-, potato salad, veggies, and of course, my favorite, cupcakes! I decided to make white chocolate cupcakes (a new recipe since I wasn't thrilled with the last one I'd used) with a peach whipped cream icing. The critics gave them two thumbs up. The cupcakes were quite sweet, but the whipped cream icing was a nice match (instead of a more sugary choice). Now I can't wait for the taste testings and wedding! (Did I mention that Kristen asked me to make her wedding cake!?!)

2 comments:

  1. Ok. I'm just going to go ahead and put my order in now before you get too busy. If I ever get married... you are totally doing the cake. :)

    ReplyDelete