Sunday, April 4, 2010

je t'aime

It's that time again.  Yes my friends, wedding season is upon us!  And, with all of those weddings, you're going to have lots of showers.  And with all of those showers, you're going to need eat lots of cake!  [think If You Give a Mouse a Cookie]  That's usually where I come in. I'm pretty much clueless when it comes to anything wedding/shower related, but sugary goodness-that's right up my alley!

This time the shower was for my best friend/college roommate.  Her wedding is in June, so this was the first of her long line of showers.  For her cake I decided to try Pioneer Woman's chocolate cake recipe.  I think it was our mutual love of chocolate and belief in its magical healing powers that tied us as roommates for four years (and could possibly be responsible for a few extra pounds...jury's still out on that one though).  Thanks to the help of our very own resident design major, the shower was beautiful!  It was a wonderful time to reconnect with old friends, and with 18 years of memories, there were lots of stories to share!



1 comment:

  1. What are the little balls made out of? I love those!!! It's such a classy, but whimsical cake!

    ReplyDelete