Tuesday, June 23, 2009

maybe next year

My freshman year in the real world was a bit of a whirl-wind. Between juggling friends, family, and a new career, little time was left for my own sanity. I didn't realize that my rather normal-even at times mundane-life could be so hectic. Instead of being concentrated in one town, my friends were now spread out across much of the north-metro area, family was in the opposite direction, fall Saturdays booked up quickly, and I won't even begin to talk about the time spent on work outside the hours of 7-3. Needless to say there was very little time left for me-and more importantly, for enjoying life. I spread myself pretty thin and constantly felt like I was just 'getting by.' I'm adding quality vs. quantity to my 'life's lessons' list. One of the many great perks of my job though is summer break-time to make up for all that I missed throughout the past 10 months. Traveling, , catching up with friends, and-most importantly-finding my inner Susie Homemaker, is just what the doctor ordered :)

No comments:

Post a Comment