Thursday, November 26, 2009

nothing short of thankful

Of all the reasons throughout the year that we have to celebrate, Thanksgiving is my favorite.  I love everything about it.  There is no concern of cards or gifts or wrapping paper, or midnight visits from mystical creatures, only of family, friends, and of course good food.  This year I was able to spend it with family that I don't get to see quite as often as I would like-yet another thing to be thankful for.  The food, as well as the company, was wonderful.  Taking time to relax and enjoy family, food, and football was the doctor ordered after a few rather stressful weeks at work.
This year I made pumpkin cakes for dessert.  I saw them on the cover of the Southern Living and thought they were too cute!  I didn't use the recipe in the magazine, but instead somewhat made up my own (although, the recipes in the magazine look oh so appealing.  I will probably have to try them in the near future!)  I made these twice; once for friends and once for family.  The first time I didn't follow the mags suggestion of using caramel for the stem and leaves and used frosting instead...they turned out looking more like Christmas wreaths.  The second time I decided to take SL's advice-apparently they know what they are talking about ;) 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment